Monday, April 26, 2010

Senior Year

I just completed my third year as a bike messenger and I thought I'd share a few things I have learned and observed.

-Don't cheap out on tires.

-People seem to drive craziest on Friday afternoons.

-Most drivers are safe and courteous. That said, they are nearly successful in running me over once a day, on average. They have been successful in hitting me once a year, on average.

-When you get off an elevator send it up to the next floor, then press the down button when you exit. Most times it will be waiting for you when you get back. Thanks P77.

-Receptionists look at you like you're going to rob them.

-Security guys at The Ada County Courthouse are convinced that everything in a messenger bag can be used as a weapon. Including the bag itself.

-The clerks at The Idaho Supreme Court must not get a lot of traffic. They always seem pleasantly suprised to see someone at the filing window.

-The amount of paperwork that lawyers can generate is truly herioc. I'm glad they need someone to move it around the city.

-I know every location in town where a five dollar lunch can be had. They are fewer and fewer all the time.

-I know more Baristas by first name than you could imagine.

-Best public bathroom in downtown is 3rd floor, Sonna Building.

-Routing is way more important than speed.

I'm sure I missed some but time to go to bed.

1 comment: